The Chandigarh Police claim to have arrested one person for his alleged involvement in the kidnap and murder case of five-year-old Khushpreet Singh. The accused has been identified as Sonu, a resident of Manimajra in Chandigarh.Sources said the police have got key clues about the four other accused.
A four-member police team, led by DSP Vijay Kumar, has been dispatched to Moradabad to nab them. Raids are also being conducted at several other places. Khushpreet was kidnapped from outside his residence in Burail, Chandigarh on December 21 last year. He was not released even after the family paid a ransom amount of Rs 4 lakh to the abductors. Khushpreet’s body was later recovered on January 5 from Mohali, triggering protests in the city.
The UT police had received a lot of flak for its failure to nab the accused and a DSP was transferred and two Inspectors and a Sub-Inspector were suspended.
- Technocrats clash with police in Jammu
- Capt questions ‘double murder accused’ as VB chief
- Woman’s body found in a bag, police hunt for accused
- Several Youth Congress activists hurt in police lathicharge
- Teenager missing from 10 months
- The Punjab & Haryana High Court issues notice on the Chillar Sikh massacre case