The Chandigarh police have decided to conduct an inquiry into the damage caused to vehicles by police personnel during the lathicharge on Punjab Youth Congress workers near the Beant Singh memorial in sector 42 on March 17th.
Nearly 20 private vehicles were targeted and damaged by cops that day. Superintendent of Police R S Ghumman will conduct the enquiry . He said any body found guilty would face action.
The police also issued a circular ask for information and proof about the vandalism by police officials. They have to contact enquiry officer R S Ghumman by March 28th.
A similar incident had taken place in march last year too when Haryana Janhit Congress president kuldeep Bishnoi held a rally and cops damaged vehicles of many of his supporters. That time too, the inquiry was marked to SP Ghumman. A year later, he is still to submit the report.
- APMCC demands CBI probe into encroachment of temple land
- Several Youth Congress activists hurt in police lathicharge
- Technocrats clash with police in Jammu
- Police recover Rs 15 lakh, pistol from arrested Jailer’s PSO
- Khushpreet’s parents demand criminal proceedings against police officials
- Anti graft body seeks CBI probe into harassment of IFS officer
- Police taste some success in Khuspreet murder case
- 24th SJOBA Thunderbolt Rally to begin from today
- Youth Congress activists arrested for induldging in rioting
- Woman’s body found in a bag, police hunt for accused