The opposition Congress in Punjab today declared a war against the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) at a function in this ancestral village of Shaheed Bhagat Singh on his martyrdom day.
The Congress put up a united show on this occasion with Punjab Congress President Amarinder Singh, Leader of opposition Rajinder Kaur Bhattal, senior leader Jagmeet Singh Brar addresiing the rally besides Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur and CWC member and party in charge of Punjab Thakur Gulchain Singh Charak.
The Congress leaders resolved to defeat the SAD-BJP government in the next Assembly elections for its ”All around failure and letting loose a reign of terror on the Congress workers.”
PCC President Amarinder Singh said there was an overwhelming mood for change in Punjab. ”The sea of people in and outside the Congress pandal only proved one thing beyond any doubt that the countdown for the Akalis had started,” he remarked.
He alleged that when Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal joined politics he owned just 80 acres of land and now he was owning hundreds of acres of land in different states like Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan.
”From where did Mr Badal get the money to build two huge hotels one worth Rs 1000 crore and another worth Rs 1500 crores,” he charged and added that every second bus running in Punjab was owned by Mr Badal.
- My aim is to wipe out Akalis from Punjab: Amarinder
- Congress walk-out during Governor’s address
- Youth Congress activists arrested for induldging in rioting
- Several Youth Congress activists hurt in police lathicharge
- Punjab Budget session likely to be stormy
- Opposition members’ voice being muzzled: HP Congress
- Sukhbir: Points out ‘factual discrepancies’ in budget
- It is a non-budget: Capt Amarinder
- Harpreet Murder case: Complainant pleads he is not hostile
- Manpreet’s leaving SAD was biggest agony: Badal