The Himachal Pradesh Government has re-constituted the state-level Screening Committee for effective planning, implementation and monitoring of Border Area Development Programme (BADP) Schemes.
An official release here today said the Chief Secretary would be Chairperson of the Committee.
Representative of Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, Department of Border Management, Representative of Planning Commission of India, Secretary, Home, Secretary, Finance, Secretary, Rural Development, Secretary, PWD, Secretary, I&PH, Secretary, Deputy Inspector General, ITBP, Tara Devi, Shimla, Deputy Commissioner, Kinnaur at Reckong Peo, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Spiti at Kaza would be Members while Commissioner-cum-Principal Secretary, Tribal Development would be Member Secretary of the Screening Committee.
Terms of appointment of the Committee would be as prescribed by the state government from time to time. The headquarters of the state-level screening committee would be in Shimla. The Committee would, however, meet at any place and venue as decided by the Chairperson of the Committee.
It would approve the schemes to be implemented under BADP and have complete freedom to execute the schemes through any of the four agencies – State Government, Central Government, Central Para Military Organisation located in the state and voluntary agencies as considered appropriate.
The Committee would meet at least once in a year, particularly in the month of February or March to finalise the schemes for the following year.
- SAD Working Committee, General Council to meet on March 15
- J&K Govt to examine impact of mobile towers on environment
- Punjab govt announces relief for bill defaulters
- US gives nod to Indian Consulate in Atlanta
- Will punish corrupt ministers of Punjab govt: Amarinder Singh
- Sufi is new J&K Chief Information Commissioner
- Advani launches fresh attack on UPA Govt on CVC controversy