Police today recovered cash worth Rs 15 lakh and a pistol from the possession of the Personal Security Officer (PSO) of a former Superintendent of Central Jail Kot Bhalwal here today.
“Rs 15 lakh and a pistol were recovered from the possession of then Kot Bhalwal Superintendent Mirza Saleem Ahmed Beig ‘s PSO who was arrested on March 16 at Pacca Danga,” Rajeshwar Singh, Superintendent of Police, Jammu South told reporters at a press conference here this evening.
Singh said a raid was conducted in the house of the arrested PSO identified as Surinder Singh alias Chotu after his disclosure during interrogation and Rs 15 lakh besides one pistol were recovered.
“The recovered amount and the weapon belongs to one Sunny Baba, who was arrested on March 21 at Jhajjar Kotli while he was on way to Katra to eliminate a prominent businessman,” he added.
The PSO was also indulged in all other criminal activities and was equally involved in supporting accused ‘Supari Killer’ Sunny Baba and the arrested jailer, the police officer added.
Beig was arrested yesterday from Jammu Tawi Railway Station for hatching a ‘conspiracy’ and favouring the alleged culprits in Amandeep Murder case from inside the jail premises.
- Police taste some success in Khuspreet murder case
- Illegal drugs worth Rs 18 lakh seized
- Youth Congress activists arrested for induldging in rioting
- Five lakh mulberry trees being planted in Kashmir
- Khushpreet’s parents demand criminal proceedings against police officials
- Several Youth Congress activists hurt in police lathicharge
- Woman’s body found in a bag, police hunt for accused
- Technocrats clash with police in Jammu
- Samajwadi Party leaders released from Jail
- Over 9.57 lakh youths unemployed in Punjab