The Rural Heath Pharmacist Association of Punjab on Monday held a Dharna against the Punjab Government at Sec- 8 in Mohali. The workers demanded regularization of jobs.
The workers demanded that they should be regularized as the doctors who were working on contract basis have been regularized. These workers were placed in different dispensaries in various villages since May 2006. However, the doctors were regularized, but the pharmacists were still kept on contract basis, they alleged. They fear that the government would hire more pharmacists, and those on contract would be jobless.
Around 1100 pharmacists shouted slogans against the Punjab Govt. They threatened that if their demands were not met they would sit on an indefinite hunger strike.
- Punjab approves regularisation policy
- Punjab govt announces relief for bill defaulters
- Will punish corrupt ministers of Punjab govt: Amarinder Singh
- Punjab Cabinet gives approval to recruitment of government employees
- Youth Congress activists arrested for induldging in rioting
- Cong seeks white paper on financial assistance to Punjab
- Several Youth Congress activists hurt in police lathicharge
- Punjab Budget session likely to be stormy
- Punjab to continue struggle for its right: Governor
- The Punjab & Haryana High Court issues notice on the Chillar Sikh massacre case