To make the coming weekend more joyful for the people of Delhi, Metro’s Airport Express line has offered 50 per cent discount on the fares for the next three days.
“The discounted fare is a gift to the commuters, who are planning short outstation trips and want to catch trains from New Delhi railway station or those who are planning shopping and dining at Connaught place during the weekend,” a spokesperson for Reliance Infrastructure, which operates the line, said today.
The offer will be available tomorrow, on April 23 and 24 on the single journey tokens and Stored Value Pass (SVP) holders.
The maximum charge on the Airport line is Rs 100 while the minimum is Rs 20.
“The offer is also aimed at facilitating passengers to visit the Sacred Heart Cathedral Church, located in Connaught Place, on the occasion of Good Friday tomorrow. The commuters can get down at Shivaji Stadium station and reach the Church, ” the spokesperson said.
He said this discounted festive fare will encourage people to take Airport Express Metro, which is secure, faster and comfortable way to reach Connaught place, New Delhi Railway station and Chandni Chowk by avoiding the traffic jam, scorching heat and minimising travel time and cost.
The discount will be available at all the four stations, currently operational on the line — New Delhi, Shivaji Stadium, IGI and Dwarka Sector 21.
“It is also an effort to promote the Airport line between the people and increase the ridership,” he added.
So far, the average ridership on the Metro line has been between 8,000-10,000.
- Delhi Metro’s Airport Express Line to operate for 18 hours
- Centre sanctions Rs 70 cr for Jammu airport project
- New airport terminal to get wings in a couple of weeks
- New airport terminal thrown open to passengers on Baisakhi
- Jeev’s coach again insulted at Milan airport
- Fire breaks out in DTC bus
- Chandigarh-Delhi Shatabdi is back on track
- Airfares get real high,and no parking space for VIP jets
- Omar, PM discuss J&K
- Woman’s body found in a bag, police hunt for accused