The Chandigarh Police was kept on its toes on Friday after a bomb hoax call caught the city in a tizzy. According to the police a hoax call about a possible bomb was made at the Secretariat Exchange around 11 am. The caller, reportedly told that there is a bomb in the building premises. The dog squad along with the bomb disposal squad was immediately pressed into action. after scanning and searching the building for hours nothing was found out.
Ambulances, fire brigades too reached the spot immediately . The whole building was also vacated. The number has however been traced and handed over to the crime branch.
- Fire at court complex
- City has the 2nd highest population density
- 40 year old man stabbed to death in Manimajra
- 4 arrested for raping a girl
- Mansa Devi Complex residents resort to stone pelting
- Plans afoot for feeder transport services
- 27 year old man mowed down by truck
- Congress gives clarion call to throw Akalis out in Punjab
- Pkl Police beef up security for Chaitra Navratri Mela
- Sachin Pilot launches new services of BSNL in Chandigarh