Two ministers in BJP-ruled Himachal Pradesh today ridiculed Union Minister Virbhadra Singh’s remarks that he would “wage a war” to dislodge Dhumal government asking him to stop daydreaming.
Reacting to the former chief minister’s remarks state Education minister I D Dhiman and Irrigation and Power minister Ravinder Singh Ravi described his outburst as an expression of his “frustration” and attempt to keep himself politically alive.
“Virbhadra Singh must know that the BJP government was elected by the people through democrtic process and only the people of the state reserve the power to oust or re-elect a party,” they said in a strongly worded joint statement here.
Lashing out at the Union minister for alleging “benami” land deals flourishing in BJP government, the ministers said that it was during Congress governments headed by Virbhadra Singh when section 118 of the HP Tenancy and Land Reforms Act was amended five times to benefit the favourities of Congress party whereas present BJP govrnment had not tinkered with the Act even once.
Asking the Union Small and Medium Industries Minister to stop making “frivolous statements to mislead the people”, the duo said he should puruse the agenda for the welfare of the people of the state at the Centre instead of dreaming about overthrowing the state government.
- Will punish corrupt ministers of Punjab govt: Amarinder Singh
- 245 complaints pending against ex-ministers, bureaucrats in JK
- 2 fold salary hike for legislators, ministers in JK
- Virbhadra Singh: Himachal govt synonymous with corruption, injustice
- Farooq bereaved Jammu
- Hydro Engg. college to come up in Bilaspur
- Edu Min hits at Congress state Pres for “false” statements
- Yeddyurappa dismisses differences within Karnataka BJP
- Safeguard interests of Indians living abroad
- Pad Yatra by BJP Youth