After repeated unsuccessful attempts to remove encroachments in various markets of Panchkula, the Haryana Urban Development Authority has decided to get tough with the shopkeepers. No encroachment anywhere would be tolerated, administrator R.K. Kataria said.
“Encroachment is a major problem and shopkeepers for a earning some extra money, not only encroach upon corridors, meant for movement of shoppers but also allow other persons to hold shops there by charging money. Despite sensitizing shopkeepers and holding meetings with shopkeepers and RWAs but still there was no solution” R.K. Kataria, Administrator, HUDA, Panchkula said,
Now we have decided to get the photograph and videographed . We have started from sector 7 from where we have been receiving complaints regularly. Now with proof, we have started issuing notices to them. We are challaning them and are issuing notices of resumption of notices.”
Initiating the anti-encroachment drive from sector 7, which is one of the busiest markets in the town, a private agency has been given the contract to click photographs and video record the encroachments. Based upon the exercise undertaken during the past two days, the process to send resumption notices began on Thursday.
A large number of city residents have been complaining about encroachments by shopkeepers for a long time. The markets in sectors 7, 9, 11 and 15 are the worst hit when it comes to encroachments. Earlier, HUDA did make efforts to remove these but the staff had to face protests and were manhandled.
Meanwhile, Sector 7 market body chief B.B.Kochar has been demanding to relax the HUDA norms in this regard for some extent.
- Fire dept sends notices to schools, offices & restaurants
- HD collects samples of kuttu atta to ensure safety of residents
- Gurdwara committee Members block traffic to protest demolition
- Notices to protesting residents of Khudda Ali sher
- APMCC demands CBI probe into encroachment of temple land
- Cong accuses HP govt of favouring business house
- CHD court issues summons to Baba Ramdev
- Chandigarh DM issues prohibitory orders
- Panchkula police have killed two criminals
- Panchkula MC passes budget of 66 crore Rs.