People’s Party of Punjab (PPP) president Manpreet Singh Badal said he did not believe in Dera politics and would not seek votes from Dera heads. Talking to reporters after a meeting of workers here, he said, ”I am sure they (Dera heads) too do not believe in such politics and ask their followers to vote for a particular party”.
”’I do not think that political parties in Punjab should indulge in this kind of politics,” said the former Finance Minister who recently launched his new political outfit after having been expelled from the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD). Mr Badal claimed that several senior leaders of the SAD and the main opposition Congress were in constant touch with him and would soon leave their respective parties to join his fold.
”They are ready to join my party but on the condition of getting tickets from their pet constituencies,” he asserted. He, however, clarified that he was not going to allot any party ticket without proper verification and recommendation by the people of the constituency concerned.
He asserted he had been looking for only ’24 carat pure’ candidates for his party.
- Manpreet’s leaving SAD was biggest agony: Badal
- Badal seeks another term to accomplish unfinished agenda
- Day & Night Exclusive Interview with Manpreet Singh Badal
- Watch Fair & Square with Manpreet Singh Badal
- Politics on Bhagat Singh’s death anniversary
- Pass ‘Jan Lokpal Bill’ in next Parliament session: Manpreet
- Watch Prime Debate – Retiring Politicians
- Congress gives clarion call to throw Akalis out in Punjab
- Lok Pal would not be able to remove corruption: Badal
- NGO wants removal of PB VB Chief Saini