The case of Janvi Satija, a student of St. Xaviers Senior Secondary School has reached Punjab and Haryana high Court where Janvi has filed a petition that investigations in the case should be handed over to some independent agency and also CFSL of some other state should conduct forensic investigation. In a petition filed in Punjab and Haryana High Court, Janvi Satija through her father Tilak Raj Satija has sought independent and impartial investigations in the case. According to Janvi, she had fallen from the third floor after being pushed by school principal Marvin West on April 18 recently.
Janvi stated that she was preparing for a debate in a room with other students when principal reached the room and after using filthy language, Marvin pushed her from the third floor and she sustained injuries. She was admitted in Fortis hospital. However, police registered only a DDR and no FIR was registered. The petition filed by her high court also states that S.K.Jain, a Deputy Director in Central Forensic Science Laboratory at Chandigarh was father of Prikshit Jain, a student of same school. The petitioner expressed apprehensions that Jain could have a nexus with Marvin West. Janvi also stated that she had moved an application in district court seeking directions for registration of case. During the evidence on her application, a student Piyush had deposed before the court, he and his parents were called to school and in a meeting, for over three hours, he was pressurized to withdraw from statement given by him earlier. Subsequently Piyush, under influence and pressure, moved an application before local court, seeking permission to amend his statement.
The petition has also sought directions to produce entire records and CCTV camera footage before the court .”School principal is pressurizing to withdraw the allegations against him. There is one example of Piyush who had made statement before JMIC and later under pressure moved application to amend misstatement. We have sought directions to produce all records of security camera installed in the school to establish this”Justice Nawab Singh of high court has issued notice to respondents who include SSP, Director CFSL and Marvin West for May 27.
- Students,Parents came to support Principal
- Complaint lodged against principal of St Xavier’s school
- Student falls from school building, accuses principal of pushing her
- Day & Night Investigation on IO, in case against Badals
- The Punjab & Haryana High Court issues notice on the Chillar Sikh massacre case
- Harpreet Murder case: Complainant pleads he is not hostile
- Kiran Bedi demands an independent anti-corruption agency
- Two youths held in head constable assault case
- Nadda seeks Rs 2,500 cr special package for HP
- Anti graft body seeks CBI probe into harassment of IFS officer