The students of Panjab University will take a sigh of relief, with the Vice Chancellor’s decision to start a bus service within the university campus, the students will now face lesser problems commuting. The bus service would start from the next academic year and the students will be charged Rs 100 annually.
The move has come after the VC’s decision that freshers will not be allotted the hostel room if he or she possess a four wheeler. RC Sobti said the motive behind the decision is to make campus clean and green. The PU authorities had taken a similar decision earlier as well but it could not be implemented. Once again the authorities have decided to start the bus service but How successful this will be only time will tell.
- Punjab unit of NSUI celebrated its 40th foundation day
- World Univ session to start in July: Badal
- Khalsa College is now Khalsa University
- Badal launches free ambulance service
- 82 BA students of GCM protest against authorities
- Re-evaluation of history marksheets within a week in PU
- PM’s 2-day Jammu visit to start from tomorrow
- Bogus company conducted interviews at PU
- Amarinder to start assembly constituency tour from April 8
- Students in PU up in arms against teacher