The Punjab unit of National Students Union of India celebrated its 40th foundation day in Panjab University and other colleges of Chandigarh on Saturday. On the occasion of NSUI’s 40th foundation day, the office bearers and members took a pledge to fight against corruption, drugs and illiteracy existing in the society. They also said that they will make efforts to make the campus free of violence.
To mark the occasion the student leaders also distributed books and clothes to the underpriviledged children. In addition the students started a campaign called “green drive” in colleges; to make the campus clean and green. The student also welcomed the decision of the government to form a commiittee, so as to eliminate the growing corruption menace in the society.
The student leaders also framed agendas for the upcoming elections in Panjab University.
- Panthers Party celebrates Foundation Anniversary in Jammu
- City celebrated world meteorological day
- High Court’s Ruby jubilee function on Mar 26
- 6 yr old Delhi boy is youngest holder of IGNOU certificate
- Punjab govt announces relief for bill defaulters
- Eco-friendly Holi celebrated at Govt. School Sector 46
- Issue of sale of fertiliser unit rocks Himachal Assembly
- Will punish corrupt ministers of Punjab govt: Amarinder Singh
- Punjab announces 100 scholarships to poor students
- Kiran Bedi demands an independent anti-corruption agency