The employees of Chandigarh Power Department held a protest at Sector 18, in front of the electricity office, raising slogans against the UT administration.
More than 500 employees gathered to protest, they demanded better increments, promotions, outdoor duty allowances, risk allowances and the like.
They threatened to cut off city’s power supply if their demands are not met at the earliest. A decision regarding this would be taken on April 25th.
- Power sales surge by 2.5 %, T&D losses down by 2%
- Commuters face the heat as 500 CTU buses go off road
- Rs 5 cr water supply scheme for Adhkwari
- Water supply arrangements made while Bhakhra under maintenance
- Assembly passes slew of amendments to Acts
- Punjab gets addl Central grant of Rs 33 cr for rural water supply
- DJB water supply totally safe: Dikshit assures people
- Workers of the Punjab Health Department on protest rally
- HP employees get Rs 550 cr arrears