The Supreme Court recently termed the khap panchayats illegal and said DMs and SPs would be held directly liable for the administration’s failure to stop these panchayats from acting like kangaroo courts. Reacting to it, the khaps have termed the move unfortunate.
In Prime Debate, we discuss why the khaps have earned a bad name and what can be done to check the feudal mindsets of these khaps.
Discussing this issue will be Dr Manjit Singh, Professor of Sociology, Panjab University, Chandigarh; Prof Pam Rajput, Founder Director of the Centre for Women’s Studies & Development, Panjab University, Chandigarh; Hawa Singh Sangwan, President, Haryana Jat Sangharsh Samiti; and Rajeev Godara, Advocate and General Secretary, Sampooran Kranti Manch.
- Watch Prime Debate – SC On Collegium
- Watch Prime Debate – Lt Governor Iqbal Singh faces ED
- Watch Prime Debate – Retiring Politicians
- DAV College enters Chd. Inter College cricket cup finals
- Bogus company conducted interviews at PU
- President Pratibha Patil delivers lecture at PU
- Watch Prime Debate on Banned Wagon
- Watch Prime Debate – Stopping Grain Drain
- Punjab unit of NSUI celebrated its 40th foundation day
- Panjab University plays host to Pratibha Patil