Rains, be it unseasonal or seasonal, do wreak havoc on crops. In Punjab and Haryana, the recent untimely rainfall destroyed thousands of hectares of cotton and kinnow crops. In Himachal Pradesh, hailstorms have damaged the apple crop heavily. In light of such natural calamities, do the farmers… need to insure the crops? If yes, then what kind of an insurance should it be and how should it be provided to the farmers so that they don’t suffer financial losses. That’s what we discuss in Prime Debate.
Discussing this issue will be Dr Balwinder Singh Sidhu, Director, Agriculture, Punjab; Bhupinder Singh Mann, National President, Bharti Kisan Union; and Umesh Mongia, General Manager, ICICI Lombard Insurance Ltd.
- Hailstorm damage 80 pc Apple crop
- Watch Prime Debate on Policing Punjab Cops
- Watch Prime Debate – Kahlon Case and After
- Watch Prime Debate – Revenue vs Alcoholism
- Watch Prime Debate – Law less Punjab
- Watch Prime Debate – Corruption in Punjab
- Watch Prime Debate – Anti Employee Act
- Watch Prime Debate – For Better or Worse?
- Watch Prime Debate – A Defining Moment
- Watch Prime Debate – Lt Governor Iqbal Singh faces ED