“As we were already close to the heels of solving the mystery and already some arrests have been made in the Chopra murder case in which five people including three of a family were killed on the intervening night of September 17-18, 2005″ a top police officer here told reporters.
He said that after working on different theories and investigations, the involvement of National Conference MLC Trilochan Singh Wazir along with his brother Ajaib Singh and one Raju Sumbalia was conformed. ”They were put under sustained questioning following, which the arrests were made today,” the top cop said and added that investigations were in progress. The Jammu Police claimed to have cracked the most sensational murder mystery of organised crime in the City of Temples as the newly constituted Special Investigating Team (SIT) allegedly arrested the main accused, on whose instance businessman Raju Chopra, his wife and daughter besides two domestic help were lynched down by contract killers in posh Trikuta Nagar locality in 2005.
- 3 youths arrested in rape-murder of Kurukshetra girl
- No breakthrough in Vasant Kunj murder case
- Police taste some success in Khuspreet murder case
- Khushpreet murder case solved, 2 prime accused held
- Vasant Kunj murder case still unsolved
- Bandh in Kurukshetra to protest inaction in Sweety rape and murder case
- All accused in hotelier murder case surrender
- Harpreet Murder case: Complainant pleads he is not hostile
- Spy who spent 12 years in a Pakistani jail, remains jailed in India on murder charges
- Police recover Rs 15 lakh, pistol from arrested Jailer’s PSO