Rahul Dravid struck a gritty unbeaten 103 but got little support from his team-mates as India conceded a mammoth 188-run lead to give England the upper hand on the third day of the first cricket Test at the Lord’s.
India were all out for 286 in their first innings.
England first innings: 474 for eight declared.
India: 286 all out in 95.5 overs (Rahul Dravid not out 103, Abhinav Mukund 49, Sachin Tendulkar 34, Stuart Broad 4/37, Chris Tremlett 3/80).
England 2nd Innings: 5 for no loss in five overs (Andrew Strauss batting 3, Alastair Cook batting 0).
- India 308 for six at stumps on day three
- Former Indian Test captains invited for 100th Test at Lord’s
- Lord’s Test: Praveen lives a dream at ‘Home of Cricket’ on Day-2
- England score 127/2 on a rain-hit opening day
- India close in on victory despite fine century from Edwards
- In-form Raina could be preferred over Yuvraj for Lord’s Test
- Ishant gets career-best 6/55, India take overall 34-run lead
- Retired govt. employee saves a life by donating his kidney
- Rahul spends night at Pinjore after Indo-Pak match
- Rain mars opening day’s play after India’s early strikes