Vice-captain Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Zaheer Khan, S Sreesanth who had all skipped the series due to injuries and health concerns and Wriddhiman Saha who was not picked, are making a comeback in the 17-member Test squad against England.
The five cricketers boarded a British Airways flight from the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport here.
However, the other members of the team, barring little master Sachin Tendulkar, who is already in England, and explosive opening batsman Virender Sehwag, who is recuperating from a shoulder surgery, will directly move to the country from the West Indies, where they drubbed the home team in all the formats for the first time.
India are scheduled to play four Tests, one T-20 and five ODIs against England between July 21 and September 16, beginning with a practice game against Somerset (Taunton- July 15-17).
The four Tests will be held at Lord’s (July 21-25), Trent Bridge (July 29-Aug 2), Edgbaston (Aug 10-14) and Kennington Oval (Aug 18-22).
India had defeated England in a three-Test rubber when it toured the contry the last time in 2008.
Squad : Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Capt), Gautam Gambhir (vice Capt), Abhivan Mukund, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, V V S Laxman, Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, S Sreesanth, Praveen Kumar, Ishant Sharma, Amit Mishra, Munaf Patel, Wriddhiman Saha, Virender Sehwag.
- Big guns return to Test squad for England
- NRI bears expenditure of returning mortal remains of Indian student
- Harbhajan becomes the 3rd Indian bowler to claim 400 wkts in Tests
- Amarinder to start assembly constituency tour from April 8
- It’s ‘Mission Save Dhoni’ for Team India pacers
- Indian American’s book on cancer wins Pulitzer
- List of major Indian rail incidents since Dec 2000
- Bomb hoax call in city, all emergency services into action
- Indian-origin arraigned in sex video suicide case
- Indian Sikhs take part in Baisakhi celebration in Pak