A 15-year-old Indian boy, who had gone missing in the US last month, has been found and is expected to return to India soon. Lovedeep Singh was found in good condition in California’s Merced city. Police authorities said they did not suspect any foul play in Singh’s disappearance for almost a month.
Singh, who could not speak English, was on an educational tour when he disappeared in Los Angeles on June 23. Police said he may have accidentally become separated from his group. He is currently in the custody of Los Angeles County child welfare officials and arrangements are being made to send him back to India. Singh had been wandering in Merced County and foraging for food.
He befriended a taxi driver, who gave him money to take a bus to San Francisco. Lovedeep stepped off the bus in Merced, thinking he was in San Francisco and somehow made his way to one of Livingston’s Sikh temples where other Indians contacted authorities and also Singh’s family in India.
- Controversial Punjabi transporter living in the US gunned down in California
- Sucha Singh Deo had murdered his wife Jagjot Kaur in USA
- Punjabi charter school established in California
- Amar Singh,Jaya Prada arrested in Sambhal
- Man with weapon held near Amarinder Singh
- Harbhajan Singh offer prayers at a gurdwara in Sohana
- Avatar Singh’s tree-top protest enters Day 5