The Delhi Metro’s much-awaited section from Anand Vihar in east Delhi to Vaishali in Ghaziabad was opened for commuters this morning.
Passenger services started simultaneously from Anand Vihar (for going towards Vaishali) and Vaishali (for going towards Dwarka) Metro stations at 0700 hrs.
However, from tomorrow, the normal train services will continue that is train services will commence at 0600 hrs from Vaishali Metro station.
Metro’s entry to Ghaziabad comes as a welcome relief for a numerous residents of the satellite city and other adjoining areas in Uttar Pradesh as it would make their travel to and from the national capital comfortable.
Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) R K Kardam inspected the 2.5 km long Anand Vihar-Vaishali section of the Delhi Metro Project on Tuesday.
This section has stations at Vaishali and Kaushambi and the section is fully elevated.
- Vaishali line to open on July 14
- IRCTC food joints to come up at 130 Delhi Metro stations
- UP train mishap: Death toll reaches 68 as 30 more bodies are pulled out
- Airport Metro offers 50% discount
- Punjab Cabinet approves Ludhiana Metro project
- Chandigarh-Delhi Shatabdi is back on track
- Delhi Metro’s Airport Express Line to operate for 18 hours
- Jat agitation disrupts train traffic
- Woman who committed suicide is DU 2nd yr student
- Old age home at Bindapur in Delhi to be ready by July 18