The election for the general house of Shiromani Gurudwara Parbhandhak Committee (SGPC), considered to be mini-Parliament of Sikhs, will be held on September 18.
Chief Gurudwara Election Commissioner Justice (Retd) H S Brar announced the poll schedule today and said that the model code of conduct has come into immediate effect.
The SGPC comprises 170 elected members and 15 nominated members. Five priests of as many takhats and the head priest of the Golden temple are ex-officio members.
- SGPC elections 2011 likely to be held mid September
- DSGMC versus SGPC
- Sikh bodies demand photo I-cards for SGPC voters
- Dal Khalsa hits out at SGPC on memorial issue
- SGPC seeks PM’s intervention in Lahore incident
- SGPC prays for commuting death sentence of Devinder Pal Singh
- Delhi HC seeks clarification from SCBA on voting in its elections
- SGPC polls: Capt to support candidates with clean image
- Punjab high court bar assocaition election held on friday
- Punjab would witness bi-polar contest in elections: Sukhbir