Scores of people were today detained when they were protesting near the Prime Minister’s official residence here demanding that a strong Lokpal Bill be passed in Parliament. Around 80 people were taken into custody near 7, Race Course Road residence of the Prime Minister this afternoon, sources said.
They were protesting against the Government’s Lokpal Bill and demanded that the Jan Lokpal Bill formulated by Team Anna be tabled in Parliament.
- Keeping PM under Lokpal ambit not advisable: PM
- Cabinet likely to take up Jan Lokpal bill for consideration today
- Cabinet approves draft of Lokpal Bill, Anna to fast on August 16
- Union Cabinet clears Lokpal Bill
- Lokpal Bill cleared by Cabinet deceit on the nation
- Lokpal Bill introduced in LS; BJP objects to exclusion of PM
- PM under Lokpal could destabilise democracy
- Lokpal Bill: Hazare team burns copies of bill
- Watch Prime Debate – Lokpal Logjam
- Pass ‘Jan Lokpal Bill’ in next Parliament session: Manpreet