Sports Minister Ajay Maken has proposed a new Sports Bill aimed at bringing in transparency and accountability in all sports federations. The Bill proposes a 23-member advisory council comprising members from the government and sports federations.
The panel will advise the Centre on recognising and de-recognising sports federations as well as on matters of strategy. Sports federations will now have to comply with the directives within a year, which will make elections compulsory every four years. Secondly, no person beyond the age of 70 can hold more than two terms in office. Simultaneously, they cannot hold more than two positions as well.
- Watch Prime Debate – Fair Play ?
- Lokpal Bill: Hazare team burns copies of bill
- Sports and other activities for Burail Jail inmates from May
- IOA constitutes Indian Court of Arbitration for Sports
- Harbhajan plans sports academy in Punjab
- Watch Prime Debate – Haryana Sports Policy
- NIS Patiala to be meant only for training coaches: Sports Minister
- Punjab govt sanctions new posts for Sports Deptt
- CBSE plans to introduce vocational courses in sports
- Badal ask sports department to clear pending job cases