The protests and rallies in support of Anna Hazare were planned beforehand in Chandigarh today. However, the detention of the anti-corruption crusader early in the morning lent a different feeling to the protests.
While a small crowd gathered at the sector 7-18 roundabout to pledge support to Anna Hazare, the lawyers too held a dharna and blocked traffic. At the district courts, the lawyers in fact struck work for half an hour and also blocked traffic to express their anger.
- Support for Anna Hazare grows in the tricity
- City residents join Anna Hazare’s fight against corruption
- Lawyers go on strike in Kashmir Valley
- Indian students in US come out in support of Anna Hazare
- Anna Hazare’s triumph brings cheer for the city residents
- Traffic restrictions put in place along the venue of Hazare’s fast
- Anna Hazare sent to 7 days judicial custody
- Lawyers protest against the proposed Regulation Bill
- PU move to ban protests termed undemocratic
- Hazare discharged in misappropriation case