Team Anna members Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia were at the Ramlila Maidan to take stock of the preparations for the 15-day fast.
“Anna will leave from Tihar Jail at around 1100 hrs. He will go to the Rajghat before he reaches the Ramlila Maidan,” Mr Kejriwal told reporters.
He said all the basic facilities for the people who will come here, have been arranged.
“The government has taken several wrong steps on our protest. We expect the govrnment to take right steps at least now,” he added.
When asked that the BJP activists were giving support to their fast at the venue, the RTI activist said Municipal Corporation of Delhi was cooperting in preparing the venue and not the BJP activists.
However, BJP Delhi unit chief Vijender Gupta has said his party will give “all support” to the Team Anna in their fast. Mr Gupta has also constituted a five-member task force to assist in taking care of the preparations at the Ramlila Maidan.
Mr Kejriwal said the politicians of every party were welcomed to the venue if they want, but no politician will be allowed to sit on the stage with Anna.
On the charges that Team Anna was misguiding him, Mr Kejriwal said, ” This is an insult to Anna”.
While scores of people were waiting at the Tihar Jail for Anna, thousands of people have been coming out at the Ramlila Maidan to participate in the agitation.
Anna Hazare in a message from Tihar Jail said he will continue his protest till the government passes the civil society’s version of the Lokpal Bill.
He said the government should not “waste time” and pass the Jan Lokpal Bill immediately.
Expressing happiness over the massive support from all the walks of the society specially from the youth, Anna also urged his supporters to carry on the fight till a strong Lokpal Bill is passed.
Anna has been fasting since Tuesday on the issue of Jan Lokpal Bill to curb the menace of corruption.
Doctors supervising his health include some from a government hospital and famous heart specialist, Dr Naresh Trehan.
Mr Hazare was taken to Tihar Jail on Tuesday after he was arrested by the Delhi Police from his residence in Mayur Vihar.
- Anna to fast at Ramlila Maidan for 15 days
- Hundreds wait for moment when Anna will come out of Tihar
- Anna to go to Rajghat before starting the protest
- Anna released; refuses to leave jail, firm on his demand
- Cabinet approves draft of Lokpal Bill, Anna to fast on August 16
- City residents join Anna Hazare’s fight against corruption
- Chidambaram behind midnight swoop at Ramlila ground: Ramdev
- Hazare intensifies agitation over Lokpall Bill
- Watch Fair & Square with Kiran Bedi
- Hazare today met senior BJP leader Advani, meeting with Sonia Gandhi tomorrow