Bhavan Vidyalaya in Sector-27 is organizing BVCMUN’ 2011- Ushering the RAY- Revolution And Youth, in an attempt to take debate and diplomacy to a new level. The event will be held from 4th – 6th August.
Today’s global scenario presents the world with a vast multitude of problems and situations such as territorial disputes, global warming – the list could just go on endlessly. Time has indicated that these problems can be best resolved through dialogue, political wisdom and deliberation than conflicts.
It is with this view of giving young students exposure to methods of addressing global issues that Bhavan Vidyalaya, Chandigarh is organizing a Model United Nations Conference BVCMUN’ 11 on the topic–Ushering the RAY- Revolution And Youth. 220 delegates from over 30 schools all over the country are participating in the three-day conference.
The conference will witness the simulation of four committees- General Assembly, Security Council, United Nations Environment Programme and Commission on Status of Women which discuss their own agendas. The principal of the school opines that the conference provides its participants a perfect platform to hone their skills in debating, negotiating and conflict resolution.
This is the second time that the school has organized the national level MUN conference. The training session was being held in July.
- Internation Emerging Economics conference to be held in Mohali
- Himachal Day function to be held at Una district on Apr 15
- Seminar held on World Earth Day
- DMK leaders held in TN; Karuna says it is political vendetta
- SGPC elections 2011 likely to be held mid September
- Students,Parents came to support Principal
- Student show project on life-support systems for space
- Draw of lots held for DDA housing scheme 2010
- CCA, Euro, Nabha foundation hold Architectural design contest
- RHPA held dharna against Punjab Govt