A Chandigarh court framed charges against the three accused in Khushpreet murder case on saturday. Five-year-old Khushpreet Singh was abducted in December last year and his body was later found.
Additional District and Sessions Judge, V.P.Sarohi on Saturday framed charges against Sukhdev Singh, Gurminder Singh and Nand Kishore in the Khushpreet abduction and murder case. The charges have been framed under sections 364-A, 302, 201 and 120-B of IPC for kidnapping for ransom, murder, causing disappearance of evidence and criminal conspiracy.
The next hearing of the case has been fixed for August 25. Eight key witnesses have been summoned for examination of their statement that day. The court is also yet to decide on the application moved by the prosecution, seeking trial on a day-to-day basis.
Meanwhile, Khushpreet’s father Lakhbeer Singh filed an affidavit before the police complaint authority on Friday, saying shoddy investigation in the kidnapping case led to his son’s killing. The application has been filed by Gagan Aggarwal, the general secretary of Chandigarh unit of Lawyers for Human Rights. The application seeks registration of an FIR against the erring police officials who had been indicted in a judicial enquiry.
5 year old Khushpreet was abducted from outside his house in Burail on December 21 and a ransom for Rs. four lakhs was paid for his release on December 22. The ransom was paid after the police laid a trap but in the last minute the trap was withdrawn. On January 5th, the boy’s body was recovered from Mohali. Burail residents accused the police of and pelted it with stones. There was a curfew-like situation in the area for two days.
Later, the police arrested the accused who were found to be living in the same locality and who had abducted Khushpreet for money. They had intoxicated Khushpreet and had hidden him in the same house for severals day. Later when Khushpreet recognized them, they killed him and threw the body in Mohali.
- Khushpreet murder case solved, 2 prime accused held
- Police taste some success in Khuspreet murder case
- Khushpreet’s parents demand criminal proceedings against police officials
- All accused in hotelier murder case surrender
- Police apprehend one person in Mauli Jagran murder case
- J&K MLC among 3 arrested in Chopra Murder case
- Harpreet Murder case: Complainant pleads he is not hostile
- Spy who spent 12 years in a Pakistani jail, remains jailed in India on murder charges
- Capt questions ‘double murder accused’ as VB chief
- Bandh in Kurukshetra to protest inaction in Sweety rape and murder case