“Nothing to worry, I will not die till the Lokpal Bill is passed,” Anna Hazare today said as worries over his health mounted on the 10th day of his fast. Making an appearance on the dais a little before noon, the 74-year-old Gandhian raised slogans of ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’ thrice and waved to the crowd to assure them that he was alright. “Doctors have examined me. There is nothing to worry. I have lost six and half kg. By God’s grace and the energy I receive from you, there is no difficulty. “Now I have faith that I will not die till the Lokpal Bill is passed,” he told cheering supporters gathered at Ramlila Maidan where he is sitting on an indefinite fast demanding a strong Lokpal. Earlier in the day, doctors said they were concerned about the health of Hazare as his fast entered the 10th day. “We have examined him this morning. There is stability in his blood pressure and heart beat.
He has taken rest. He had six litres of water and the ketone levels have come down,” Dr Naresh Trehan told reporters here. Trehan said it was a “matter of concern” that for the past 10 days, Hazare was on fast and that he has not eaten anything. “This will have an effect on his body…Till now, he has already managed for 10 days and he is stable. We are monitoring his health round-the-clock,” he said.
- Lokpal Bill: Hazare team burns copies of bill
- Will not budge till we get Jan Lokpal Bill
- Hazare team says no going back on stand on Lokpal bill
- Govt calls all-party meet to discuss Lokpal Bill
- Pass ‘Jan Lokpal Bill’ in next Parliament session: Manpreet
- Hazare intensifies agitation over Lokpall Bill
- Cabinet likely to take up Jan Lokpal bill for consideration today
- Team Anna reacts to PM, says pass Jan Lokpal Bill by Aug 30
- Lokpal Bill cleared by Cabinet deceit on the nation
- Cabinet approves draft of Lokpal Bill, Anna to fast on August 16