Looking into the response of city residents, IRCTC has planned another Bharat Darshan train for Shirdi, which is scheduled to leave Chandigarh on December 14. Another train has been planned for Somnath also.
The Bharat Darshan train had been launched by Indian railways to promote domestic tourism, specially to religious places. The tour is planned for few days according to destination. The IRCTC makes arrangements for stay, food, transpiration to religious place from nearest railway station. Sondh said that normally the fares are decided in a way suitable to the pocket of a common man.
Sondh said that another important train for the region would be from Shahjahanpur to Vaishno Devi. In this train the package would include the journey, food, one night stay at Amritsar.
From Jammu, the tourists would be taken to Katra by road where arrangement would be made for a brief halt in a hotel. Later, they would leave for the Vaishno Devi shrine and would be provided with a priority Darshan slip.
Talking about the special package to Shimla, Sondh informed that IRCTC offered special coaches to domestic and international tourists. Having the capacity of six passengers, these coaches are attached with trains according to choice of the passengers. Similarly, there were other coaches having the capacity of six to 22 passengers.
Sondh said that IRCTC had also on offer, special trains and rail car with a facility of to hault anywhere. The passengers could ask for a stay even at places other than railway station on the route.
- IRCTC food joints to come up at 130 Delhi Metro stations
- Rajdhani trains to have Super AC coaches
- Eight coach Metro trains soon
- UP train mishap: Death toll reaches 68 as 30 more bodies are pulled out
- List of major Indian rail incidents since Dec 2000
- Injured passengers treated at Delhi railway station
- NDFB suspected behind Guwahati-Puri Express blast
- Toll in China’s bullet train crash rises to 33
- Kalka-Shimla rail service incurring huge losses