MCD is installing water coolers in schools run by it and the first project was initiated in a West Delhi institution. This was announced by MCD Education Committee Chairman Mahinder Nagpal. The implementation of this project started with the installation of water coolers in its school at C-4 Janakpuri. Nagpal said these water coolers were being provided by two NGOs ‘Plan India’ and Sard’. “Simultaneously Voltas Company has started setting -up water coolers in 180 primary schools.
These water coolers have the capacity to purify and cool 750 glasses of water per hour,” Nagpal said. MCD is engaged in identifying those schools where there is no water supply by Delhi Jal Board or ground water is non-consumable so that Reverse Osmosis systems can be installed to solve the problem. He said the civic body was also providing good quality thermos water bottles to students of those schools where DJB water was not available so that they can bring drinking water from their homes.
- MCD schools display facilities for students
- Chandigarh Schools miss EWS deadline
- Water supply arrangements made while Bhakhra under maintenance
- Haryana schools to have additional holiday on Aug 16
- Record number of schools, colleges constructed in Punjab
- Furniture for all primary schools in Punjab within 2 months
- Superbug in Delhi water: DJB says nothing to worry about
- UT to provide quality sports education in govt schools
- Water crisis to haunt city again this summer
- Water from Chenab river enters town in Jammu