Police today stepped up security arrangement at the Ramlila Maidan here to ensure safety of anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare, who is fasting for the past nine days demanding a strong Lokpal. The presence of security force was nearly doubled and over 60 Delhi police personnel were put at and around the stage where 73-year-old Gandhian is holding peaceful protest. Besides, several policemen were strategically put at high rises around the ground and inside it to keep any untoward incident at bay.
Nearly 500 security personnel, including troops of Central Reserve Police Force, have also been deployed. Delhi police have installed CCTV cameras at the Ramlila ground. “We have taken all measures to ensure security and safety of people here. Our men are posted here round the clock,” a senior police official said, adding that the security will be further strengthened seeing the supporters turn out.
- Anna to fast at Ramlila Maidan for 15 days
- Anna likely to go to Ramlila Maidan soon
- SC to view video of Ramlila ground swoop; relief for Minister
- SSP Doon meets principals on security
- Chidambaram behind midnight swoop at Ramlila ground: Ramdev
- Police beef up security ahead of Independence Day
- Delhi put under tight security ahead of I-Day celebrations
- Mayor questions Police on cancellation of holding yoga camp
- Security beefed up ahead of the KXIP-CSK IPL match
- India lives in most troubled neighbourhood