Despite claims made by the Punjab government to check the monopoly of sand and gavel mining with introduction of a new mining policy, the process continues unabated. Day and Night News brings a detailed report on the illegal mining in the Ravi basin.
The Ravi river flows between Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab in Kathua and Pathankot districts but in the absence of a clear-cut boundary, the mining mafia remains highly active. And he residents can only be silent observers to this organised loot, often with political patronage.
- Watch Day & Night Investigation – Kaum Naal Khilwaad(Gurbani)
- Illegal sand mining is rampant in Punjab
- Day & Night Investigation on IO, in case against Badals
- HC raps govt for failing to check illegal mining in Kangra
- Punjab announces new mining policy
- Punjabis in USA criticise cable mafia in Punjab
- Watch Day & Night Special on Khalsa Heritage Project
- CPI leader Dayal accuses Badals of promoting mafia rule in state
- Watch Day & Night Special on Khalsa College Amritsar Controversy
- Land in Zirakpur worth Rs 180 crores encroached and sold by land mafia