It’s been a long wait, and now it’s become a reality. A court in the United Arab Emirates today granted pardon to the 17 Indians on death row.While 16 of these youth are from Punjab, one is from Haryana.
The 17 are accused of killing a Pakistani national but with the blood money having been paid, the court decided to let them off.
According to SP Singh Oberoi, the hotelier who has fought to secure their release, these 17 Indian expatriates could return home within 10 days.
In July this year, Oberoi paid Rs 8 crore (3.43 million Dirhams) to a representative of a Pakistan-based family, whose sole bread winner was murdered in Sharjah in January 2009 by 17 Indian expatriates, including 16 from Punjab and one from Haryana.
- Indians death row case in UAE settled at 8 cr in blood money
- Blood money deposited in court, Indians await Sept verdict
- 1 crore blood money offered for 17 Indians in Dubai death row
- Dubai court’s decision a cruel joke: Distraught father
- HC issues notice to Chandigarh UT on security system at court
- Punjab high court bar assocaition election held on friday
- Punjabi youth facing the death sentence return home
- The Punjab & Haryana High Court issues notice on the Chillar Sikh massacre case
- Watch Prime Debate – Who Holds Court ?
- Justice Yadav to appear before court on Aug 27