Water level at Bhakra, Pong dams crosses limit
The water level at Bhakra dam today touched 1680.93 ft, more than its marked capacity of 1680 ft resulting in discharge of 33,425 cusecs water.
The Beas and the Sutlej rivers in Punjab also witnessed increased discharge from Pong, Naushera Mirthal, Dhilwan and Hussainiwala dams.
According to data released by the Irrigation department, the water level at Pong dam has touched the level of 1390.47 ft against its capacity of 1390 ft. [smartads]
- Water level of Bhakra dam rises; flood gates of Pong dam opened
- Excess water discharged into Beas, Satluj in Punjab
- Water level of Bhakra Dam rises close to the maximum of 1,680 feet
- Punjab cautions against flood, authorities put on alert
- Floods damage over 30,000 acres of paddy crop in Punjab
- Hooda presses for building three new dams on Yamuna
- Water from Chenab river enters town in Jammu
- MCD installing water coolers in its schools
- Water supply arrangements made while Bhakhra under maintenance
- More than 35 villages submerge after heavy rains in HP