Chandigarh police remembered its martyrs on Commemoration Day today by holding a parade at the Sector 17 police station.
The Chandigarh Police observed Police Commemoration Day at Sector 17 Police Station in memory of its martyrs. The parade was held in the memory of valiant officers and men of paramilitary forces who laid down their lives in counter-insurgency operations in the country.Contingents of Chandigarh Police and Punjab Police participated in the parade and paid homage by reversing arms.
The country has been observing October 21 as Police Commemoration Day since 1959. On this day, a small contingent of Indian police was attacked by the Chinese troops, and 10 jawans were killed. UT IGP Pradeep Kumar Srivastava read out the names of 647 officers and jawans, who lost their lives in the line of duty .
- Anu Peshawari releases book ‘Lives on the Brink’ in Chandigarh
- Police arrested 2 youth for stealing liquor and cash from vend in Maulijagran
- 70-yr-old allegedly killed by his son for property in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh Admin discover 2 tonne synthetic milk, Khoya in Manimajra
- Four Sanjh Kendras opened in Mohali
- FR ‘molestation case’ puts police in bad light
- Chandigarh Admin demolished illegal constructions in Manimajra
- Power cuts in Chandigarh to continue
- Hundreds of buses went off the road in Chandigarh
- NRHM workers took out protest march from Chandigarh to Mohali