Teachers in the state don’t really seem to be a happy lot these days. Take these ETT teachers for instance. They are ready to take to the streets to press their demands.
The dharna being staged by members of the ETT Teachers’ Union at Phase 8, Mohali entered the second day on Monday. The protesting teachers are irked at the non implementation of the terms of a compromise they say was arrived at with the Punjab government on November 12, 2010.
The protestors who are under the ambit of the Zila Parishad want to be shifted to the Education Department. Besides, they want pay scales on the lines of the sixth pay commission.
The 13,000 ETT teachers in Punjab are a disgruntled lot. With resentment simmering, their patience is fast running out.
- 56 SSA teachers stage protest in front of SSA office
- Punjab school teachers block traffic in Sec-34
- Protest, rallies held to mark Teachers Day
- Teachers union Chief taken to hospital in Patiala
- Four persons injured in clash at Ram Darbar
- Unemployed teachers climb atop water tank in Batala
- Punjab Deputy CM inaugurates various projects
- KVS launches new CCE software for teachers
- Hundreds of buses went off the road in Chandigarh
- Pb Education board employees threaten suicide in Mohali