The Crime Branch of Haryana Police today reconstructed the accident scene in which a youth was killed at the Sector 22 light point after being hit by a car driven by a UT police Sub-inspector.
On the directions of the Punjab and Haryana High Court, a team of the Haryana Police crime branch on Wednesday reconstructed the accident scene in which 21-year-old youth Gagandeep Singh had died at the Sector 22 light point on 27th June 2009. According to Gagandeep’s family, he had died when UT police sub-inspector Jaspal Singh Bhullar allegedly jumped the red light and hit Gagandeep’s bike. Pillion rider Mandeep Singh had received injuries during the accident.
A team of the Haryana Police crime branch collected evidence and recorded the statements of the witnesses in the case. IG (Crime) Rajpal Singh said they reconstructed the whole scene and have submitted their report to the court.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court had issued strictures against the Chandigarh police and had, on July 21, ordered Haryana DGP Ranjiv Dalal to conduct a re-investigation into the case. Gagandeep Singh, who was riding a motorcycle, had allegedly died after being hit by a car being driven by Sub Inspector Jaspal Singh Bhullar in Sector-22. Bhullar was then in-charge of the Sector-22 police post and was the complainant against Gagandeep and injured Mandeep Singh.
- HC directs Haryana Police to re-investigate UT cop’s rash driving case
- 70-yr-old allegedly killed by his son for property in Chandigarh
- 35-yr-old man dies of a snake bite in Bapudham
- Four persons injured in clash at Ram Darbar
- Body of 22yr old accident victim found after 9 days
- Three person, including minor arrested for snatching in UT
- Panchkula cops bust gambling ring
- Four Sanjh Kendras opened in Mohali
- Rising crime against women in Delhi figures in Parliament
- NRHM workers took out protest march from Chandigarh to Mohali