Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) today said Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, his close aide and minister Nasir Aslam Wani and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah should resign pending a judicial probe into the mysterious death of a National Conference worker.
“They must resign. So long as they remain in power, they will manufacture evidence. They will attempt to coerce, cajole or bribe witnesses,” senior PDP leader Muzaffar Hussain Beig told reporters here. Syed Mohammad Yousuf, an NC worker from south Kashmir’s Anantnag district, died allegedly in police custody after two fellow party workers had accused him of taking Rs 1.18 crore from them for getting them berths in the Legislative Council.
Beig said an inquiry by a High Court judge, as ordered by the state government into the incident, would not be of any help till Omar, Abdullah and Wani were in power.
- BJP demands Dikshit’s resignation for CWG ‘bunglings’
- Cong demands Badal’s resignation, burns effigy of Punjab govt
- BJP demands Dikshit’s resignation over CAG findings
- Gurgaon land acqusition: INLD demands Hooda’s resignation
- NDA protests in Parliament complex, demands PM resignation
- Cong rules out resignation of Delhi CM over CAG report
- Yeddyurappa sends resignation to Gadkari
- Sharad Yadav demands CBI probe into Batcha’s death
- Workers of the Punjab Health Department on protest rally
- Farooq demands IT probe against Geelani, other separatists