Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan was today anointed the tenth Nawab of Pataudi at a ceremony at his ancestral palace here. The 41-year-old actor was made the Nawab at a ‘pagdi’ ceremony this morning at the Ibrahim Palace where heads of villages tied a white turban around his head as mother Sharmila Tagore, sisters Saba and Soha looked on.
Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda was also present. Saif has been given the title after his father, former Indian captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, passed away on September 22. Saif’s sister Saba Ali Khan, patron of the Auqaf-e-Shahi or the body managing the religious and charitable endowments of the erstwhile princely state, had said last week that he would be sworn in as the Nawab of Pataudi once the forty days of mourning are over.
Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, whose mother was the daughter of the last nawab of Bhopal, Hamidullah Khan, was born in Bhopal and was the mutawalli (patron) of the Auqaf-e-Shahi.
- ‘Tiger’ Pataudi laid to rest at ancestral palace
- Shahrukh Khan declines to comment on Hazare movement
- BSP leader joins Congress in Punjab
- Watch Between Us with Ustad Rashid Khan
- Fardeen Khan pleads innocence in drug case
- Hasan Ali Khan gets bail
- Anna’s fast enters tenth day; support grows
- Khan Market India’s costliest retail destination
- Candlelight vigil in memory of Moin Khan
- Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan to teach at Stanford University