With Team Anna asking people not to back their party in Hisar Lok Sabha bypolls, chief ministers of three Congress-ruled states and senior leaders today hit back at the Jan Lokpal Bill champions, dubbing them as agents of Opposition “trying to grind their own axe in the guise of fighting graft”.
“People would get rid of corruption only by sidelining them politically,” Hooda said at the rally organised in support of party candidate Jai Prakash.
Prakash is locked in a triangular contest with HJC-BJP’s Kuldeep Bishnoi and INLD’s Ajay Singh Chautala for the October 13 bypolls, necessitated due to death of sitting MP and former Chief Minister Bhajan Lal.
The State Congress tried to put up a united show ahead of the polls, which have assumed significance with Anna factor dominating the event.
The rally saw participation from a galaxy of leaders, including Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, AICC general secretary and in charge Haryana Affairs B K Hariparsad, Union Minister Selja, Haryana Congress President Phool Chand Mullana and Congress MP Raj Babbar.
However, Congress General Secretary and Hooda’s known detractor, Birender Singh was absent.
Attacking the Team Anna which has been campaigning in Hisar for the past few days against the Congress, Hooda said, “They should also tell in whose favour people should cast their vote. If the issue is corruption then people should not cast their vote in favour of corrupt people. Corruption cannot be eradicated by supporting corrupt leaders.”
- Watch HJC-BJP rally in Hisar
- Hisar bypoll: Team Anna hits out at Cong
- Congress holds rally in Mansa district to oppose controversial land acquisition
- ‘Scams will not affect Congress’ fortune in Punjab polls’
- Will punish corrupt ministers of Punjab govt: Amarinder Singh
- Hisar bypoll: Battle hots up
- Battle for Hisar gets fierce, Anna factor adds to Cong woes
- Indians in Oz rally in support of Anna
- Corruption is key issue for candidates ahead of Hisar bypolls
- Maharally in Anna’s support