Students and staff of the Blind School in Sector 26 celebrated Children’s Day on the school campus today.
Like all children, the students of the Blind School brought a a lot of enthusiasm to the Children’s Day celebration. Members of the Air Force Wives Welfare Asssociation, 12 Wing, visited the school and distributed presents to the children. Head Master J.S. Jayara told the children that this day is celebrated every year as Children’s Day because it is the birthday of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Nehru loved children and therefore his birthday is celebrated as a special day for children.
Of course, school children welcome any break in routine, and the delight on the faces of these children told the whole story.
J.S. Jayara thanked all the people who came out actively to support the school with their donations and gave them credit for enabling the school to provide many facilities to the children.
- Chandigarh’s blind school students thronged customers with special handmade candles
- NGO celebrated Children’s Day with slum kids in Sec-44 Chandigarh
- Deaf,dumb,blind school in Dhalli faces money crunch
- Eco-friendly Holi celebrated at Govt. School Sector 46
- 15 schools participated in CESA treasure hunt Chandigarh.
- 37th State Science Exhibition-2011 begins at Sec-32 Chandigarh
- Chandigarh celebrates EID-UL-ZUHA
- India celebrates Children’s day
- Two PU students ends hunger strike in Chandigarh
- City celebrated world meteorological day