Schools affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education will soon go through an accreditation process. The aim is to ensure that CBSE schools meet basic standards of quality. Every school will be assessed on its scholastic and co-scholastic domains, infrastructure, faculty and administration, leadership and beneficiary satisfaction.
The Central Board of Secondary Education has decided to start accreditation for its affiliated institutions. The idea has emanated after concerns were raised regarding quality of education in the 11th plan.
Initially the CBSE introducing the ‘School Quality Assessment and Accreditation’ (SQAA) on a pilot basis. For now it will be a voluntary scheme and only school desirous of a rating need to apply.
Accreditation will be instrumental in setting a benchmark for quality assurance among the different schools across the country. The schools will be evaluated on various parameters which include curriculum, , faculty-student ratio, quality of teaching, quality of faculty facilities etc. If a school does not get accreditation for 3-5 years than it will not be considered as a part of CBSE.
Madhu Bahal, Principal of HB DAV explained that accredtion is basically a system of grading, mapping and evaluating the working and performance of the institution. Accreditation is a long established concept in the case of colleges but is only now being implemented for schools.
The purpose of the accreditation is to ensure that the that the school has met prescribed qualitative standards .These standards have pre-set by the accrediting agency. If the school fails to get accreditation than it will get some time to take corrective action. It will lead very positive impact on the school because the school will also fall underline of tough competition .
- CBSE plans to introduce vocational courses in sports
- 37th State Science Exhibition-2011 begins at Sec-32 Chandigarh
- ‘Soch’ exhibition enters into day 2
- Parents protest at St Kabir School Sector 26, Chandigarh
- Parents say YPS Mohali lucky draw is unfair
- PSEB suspended employees stage protest outside DC office in Mohali
- Indian business school’s Mohali campus ready
- Blind School in Sec-26 Chandigarh celebrated Children’s Day
- Robotic Lab inaugurated in Dikshant school at Zirakpur
- Biometric attendance of teachers in Haryana schools