The Shiromani Akali Dal-BJP government decided to give government jobs to the players of both the men’s women’s Indian Kabaddi teams.
After India defeated UK in the women’s section in the inaugural edition of the women’s Kabaddi here last night, Punjab’s Deputy Chief Minister and Sports Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal requested Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to give jobs to the entire team.
The Chief Minister readily agreed to the proposal and said the matter would be put up in the next cabinet meeting.
Earlier, Indian women’s kabaddi team defeated United Kingdom winning the prize money of Rs 25 lakh.
The performance of Indian eves was praiseworthy as they overcame the trauma of a two-day old road accident involving the team bus.
Later, Sukhbir Badal again requested Badal Sr that jobs be given to those newcomers of Indian men’s team who had not been previously employed, the Chief Minister again readily agreed, stating that his government was committed to upliftment of the sports.
Indian men’s team defeated Canada in the finals and took Rs two crore as prize money.
“Kabaddi is our home game and this year’s Cup has been hugely popular and has drawn tremendous response from the people,” he said.
The Chief Minister said that he was also feeling happy to announce that he would hand over the letter of appointment as Deputy Superintendent of Police to star hockey player Rajpal Singh on the occasion of his wedding to ace shooter Avneet.
“Avneet has also been made DSP and like the couple our government has honoured a number of sportspersons with cash rewards and jobs,” he added.
- 14 Indian women kabaddi players hurt in accident
- Both Indian men,women teams entered Kabaddi WC final 2011
- 13 teams to fight for Kabaddi World Cup 2011
- 50% of players in trials for Kabaddi World Cup test positive
- Kabaddi Doping : 5 more fail dope test
- Kabaddi should be included in 2016 Olympics: Sukhbir
- 7th Zirakpur Kabaddi Cup concludes amid much fanfare
- Rs 2 crore prize money awaits World Cup Kabaddi winners
- Kabaddi Doping : Indian player found positive
- Kabaddi tournament in Daddumajra concluded