A division bench of Punjab and Haryana High Court has issued notice to Chandigarh administration and other respondents on a PIL seeking independent or CBI enquiry to look into disappearance of six inmates of Snehalaya.
A venture of department of social Welfare, Snehalya had been started to provide shelter to homeless, destitute or abandoned children. This is being run by a NGO. During past few months, six children were found missing from here.
The petitioner, Ravinder Singh Dhull accused Chandigarh police for a shoddy investigation in the case. Bench has issued notice to respondents for November 23.
- Snehalaya missing kids case
- HC issues notice to Chandigarh UT on security system at court
- Speaker to issue privilege notice to Khaira
- Chandigarh admn starts drive to stop sale of spurious food
- Chandigarh Admin demolished illegal constructions in Manimajra
- 3 held for making ransom call to missing infant’s kin.
- Chandigarh-Leh flight takes off
- UT to appoint psychologists in Snehalaya
- In Panchkula mentally challenged child missing from Oct 3
- 2011 Census of Chandigarh releases provisional figures