The channel had made a range of documentary films which were commissioned by the MEA over the past three decades, she said.
The Congress MP from Patiala also expressed her gratitude towards the SGPC saying without its cooperation the filming of documentary could not have been possible.
The documentary films showcase different facets of India and focus on the country’s rich cultural and civilisation values, its democratic and pluralistic society and its secular values, the minister said on the sidelines of a function here.
The Discovery channel came up with a new show charting the history and present day functioning of the Golden Temple in Amritsar.
‘Revealed: The Golden Temple’ was premiered on November 9 and 10 to give viewers a definitive account of how the holy shrine copes with a never ending stream of devotees in a well co-ordinated functioning of daily rituals.
- Missing child from the Golden Temple remain untraced
- Amarinder blames CM for deficit of funds at Golden Temple
- Exhibition on the Golden Temple opened in London
- SGPC denies allegations of deficit in Golden Temple’s budget
- Jewellery worth Rs 20 lakh stolen from Hateshwari temple
- Watch Prime Debate – In The Name of God
- Shimla international film festival to be begin on March 18
- New Hindu temple opens in Leicester
- Awahdevi temple to be developed as tourist destination
- Vault B of Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple not to be opened now