Suspended employees of the Punjab School Education Board are getting desperate. After a recent suicide threat cum protest on the rooftop of the education board in Mohali, the irate employees are threatening suicide again.
Around 134 suspended employees of the Punjab School Education Board staged a protest demonstration outside the DC office in Mohali on Tuesday. The Irate employees demanded a rollback of their suspension orders at the cabinet meeting scheduled for nov, 17. These workers had been hired in 2001 but suspended soon after in 2002 when the Congress came to power in the state. There has been no progress in their case despite their hunger strike spanning almost 1,000 days.
The condition of these workers is deplorable. They have moved almost all quarters with no results. With time, their protest is becoming more desperate. Recently, five of them climbed the rooftop of the Punjab School Education Board where they threatened to commit suicide if they were not regularized. That stirred the state machinery into action. The OSD to the Chief Minister turned up at the spot and assured them of a meeting with the Chief Minister to resolve the issue. The meeting happened but there was no solution to show for it.
These workers have been pressing their demands for 22 months now and unsurprisingly, all of them are threatening suicide this time.
- 56 SSA teachers stage protest in front of SSA office
- Pb Education board employees threaten suicide in Mohali
- Contract workers of NREGA stage a protest
- Punjab’s employees stage a protest against the state government
- NRHM workers took out protest march from Chandigarh to Mohali
- Diploma Engineers of Punjab stage protest
- Workers stage demonstration at Sector-34 Chandigarh
- Haryana electricity board workers launch strike
- Protesting MNREGA workers threaten suicide
- Workers of the Punjab Health Department on protest rally