In a major bonanza to contractual employees, the Punjab cabinet on Wednesday decided to regularise services of those who have completed three years of service. There is also good news for those contractual employees who have served for ten years under some conditions.
The decision regarding to regularize contractual employees was taken in a cabinet meeting chaired by the Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal which continued for two and half hour at Punjab Bhawan in this evening.
Industries Minister Tikshan Sud said cabinet has also decided to increase wages of drivers and police conveyance allowance.
The ministers also decided to offer child care leave to its employees.
However, the decision on demands of all employee unions as per a sub-committee report was not discussed at length and the Cabinet would again be taken up on November 4th .
- Punjab Cabinet gives approval to recruitment of government employees
- Cabinet decides to provide power subsidy to domestic consumers
- Punjab announces pension for staff of private aided schools
- Punjab Cabinet approves draft Right to Service Bill
- Cabinet approves Rs 46 cr for cooperative sugar mills
- Workers of the Punjab Health Department on protest rally
- Punjab approves regularisation policy
- Punjab Cabinet approves Ludhiana Metro project
- Himachal cabinet approves Public Services Guarantee
- Punjab reduces age limit for women in pension scheme