With an aim to unleash scientific temperament of students, the 37th State Science Exhibition-2011 has begun at the State Institute of Education in Sector -32 of Chandigarh. Theme of this year’s exhibition is ‘Science, Society and Environment’.
Over 160 scientific models prepared by students of more than 70 city schools are on display at the State Science Exhibition at the State Institute of Education in Sector-32. Few models, however, have stood out and the creators claim that these can prove to be very useful in practical scenario. For instance, the team from government model school in Manimajra has created a homemade air conditioner which consumes less units of electricity compared to regular air conditioners.
Another team from Carmel Convent School in Sector-9, which also represented Chandigarh at the National Science Exhibition, has created a model of Eco-Train Toilet which recycles flush water and converts human excreta into useful fertilizers and manure.
A ninth standard student from government middle school in Sector-26, winner of state level Inspire Award Exhibition, has displayed a cycle model of road cleaner after being inspired from fuel based road cleaners.
The exhibition will culminate with a prize distribution ceremony on Nov 5. And cash prizes for the first three winners worth 5100 rupees, 2100 rupees and 1100 rupees will be given away by the UT education secretary, V.K. Singh.
- ETT teachers’ dharna enters third day
- Girl found in unconscious state at Sec-21 park Chandigarh
- Exhibition on the Golden Temple opened in London
- Exhibition on Sikh shrines held in Pakistan
- Farmers squat on Sector 34 road in Chandigarh
- Pb Education board employees threaten suicide in Mohali
- Punjab’s Junior Engineers strike entered in third week
- Overbridge worth Rs 20 crore inaugurated in Sec-17 Chandigarh
- A major fire broke out in a three-story house in Chandigarh
- B.Tech students of Rayat Bahra get plum jobs